Come out for the Second Annual Pain Awareness Education Day on November 6, 2013 at 08:30 – 16:30 at the Alberta Room, University of Calgary. This event is hosted by the Acute Pain Service, Department of Anesthesia, Alberta Health Services & the Chronic Pain Consult Service, Alberta Health Services.
- Pain Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 101: Review of pain basics.
- Pain: A Patient Experience: A pain story of empowerment.
- Pelvic Pain: Developments in pelvic pain treatment.
- A Palliative Perspective: Opioid induced abdominal symptoms in palliative care: what can we do?
- Naturaceuticals for Pain: Not your standard “ceuticals”.
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks: Expert review of peripheral nerve blocks for acute pain.
- Peri-operative Pain Management: What can we do for patients having abdominal surgery?
- Methadone: A treatment option for chronic pain.
For more details, please see the Pain Awareness Education Day 2013 Information Poster and Registration Brochure.